CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 26, 2012

"This is what I'm going to do."

My team leader from two years ago commented on my facebook-
 "Year 1 - 'Tell me what to do.' Year 2 - 'I remember doing that.' Year 3 - 'This is what I'm going to do.'"   
She's right. That's exactly how I feel and it does feel so good to not be a rookie anymore.  

I will, however, be the first to admit that I still have SO much to learn. Things are going to be different this year and my team and I will have to adjust and be flexible as we go. We'll need to compromise on many decisions to ensure we are doing what's right for our students.  

That being said, having the years under my belt helps when giving input and making decisions. I've taught in a testing grade level for two years (and student taught for a full year in 2 different grades), I've been departmentalized and self-contained, and I've worked with so many people and personalities in my short time. 

Tomorrow's the first day of school, and (let's be real) as much as I'm dreading waking up early, working long days, grading papers, and sharpening pencils, I am starting this year with a confidence I haven't had before. [I always pretended I was confident, though. :)] I am excited to get to know two new groups of sweet kiddos and to spend the year working with some fabulous ladies. I'm trying to soak up my last day of laziness before I start this crazy cycle all over again! Ready or not, ya'll.  Ready or not.

1 comment:

  1. You sound more confident than I am. Must be nice to be an otter sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete