CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 13, 2012

TEAMWORK

I'm excited about so many things in regards to this school year, but one of the things I am most excited about is my new team.  While it was SO hard to tell some of my favorites goodbye, I am confident that my new team can get things done.

This year we will have a 6 (wo)man third grade team with 4 gen-ed (Sydney, Stevie, Melinda, and myself) and 2 bilingual (Maggie and Gabby) classes. Melinda will be self contained and (here's where it gets complicated), Sydney, Stevie and I will be departmentalized and rotate with a 2nd grade partner. Syd and Steve will teach ELA to their 3rd grade homeroom class and a 2nd grade class and will be paired with a 2nd grade homeroom teacher that will teach math and science. I will teach math and science to my 3rd grade homeroom and a 2nd grade class and my partner is Samantha from the 2nd grade team who will teach ELA to both of our babies. Confused yet?

Although we still have some kinks to iron out, I'm really looking forward to how all of this will work out, and I really think the kids will benefit. Our 3rd grade team is obviously going to have to work closely with the 2nd grade team this year, so to kick it off, we had our first 2nd/3rd social event tonight. :)

We went to Painting with a Twist in Arlington to bond and have a good time! We were missing a few members, but a good majority of us were able to make it and a good time was had by all! Check out our paintings! We can't wait to hang them in our classrooms! :)






1 comment:

  1. Wow, all of our paintings look really good...from far away. JK, we totally rock!

    ReplyDelete