CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 23, 2011

We are a Family

Coming back from the holiday break, I was so anxious to see all of my sweet boys and girls.  I knew one had transfered, but other than that, I was ready to see all 18 precious faces.

There was one student in particular that I was more than ready to see. On the Friday before the break, he talked to me some about his home situation and broke down in tears.  It's so hard to hear a student tell you some of the things they are going through.  I sent him down to talk to the counselor that day, but hated to say goodbye that afternoon.  School, as tough and chaotic as it may be some days, is a safe haven for some of these kids.  I take my job as a teacher very seriously, but I also know that some kids just need a place to get away. 


That student didn't show up on the Monday we returned to school.  I was upset and worried.  I talk to his brother and sister's teachers too, and neither one of his siblings were at school. I was crushed.

I had 2 other students not show up as well, but I was aware of their situations and knew they were just out sick. 

I also got a new student that day.  He fits in with our close knit family very well. :)

To make a long story short, after much prayer and some tears, when that sweet boy walked through my door Tuesday morning, tears of joy fell from my face. 

This class really is like a family.  They mean so much to me and I have no doubt that I'll remember this first group of boys and girls forever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment