CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Influenza

It started out as a cough.  I was coughing for a good week.  My throat didn't hurt, my nose wasn't runny, but the cough was terrible.

I went to Austin for a Kilgo workshop on Tuesday night/all day Wednesday, and the cough got worse.  I felt miserable Wednesday night and all day at school Thursday.  I planned on coming straight to the apartment and going to sleep early, but I had to go by my parents to get my school shirt to wear on Friday.  Unintentionally, I fell asleep on my bed at my parents in tears because of how miserable I felt with my school clothes, coat, purse, ID, and shoes all still on.

On Friday morning, I tossed the idea of putting in for a sub around many many times because I still felt awful.  I didn't have anything ready for a sub in my room, so I decided that I needed to go to school to at least see what I had going on.  I made some math packets, talked to my secretary, and she got me a sub by 11. Thank goodness.

I came home to my apartment to sleep my life away, and discovered I had a temperature of 102.  :/

When my sweet, loving, wonderful, amazing roommates came home, they made me go/took me to Care Now.  They did a flu test on me that came back positive. :( They gave me lots of prescriptions that I went and got filled.

$90.00 later, I woke up Saturday morning feeling SO much better.  Still not 100%, but the fever and headache and terrible cough were gone.  Just a snotty nose and a little cough.

Unfortunately, now one of my sweet, loving, wonderful, amazing roommates is sick, too.

The highlights of being around my little pumpkins all day every day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment