CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking Back...

I have learned and experienced and grown more this year than ever before.  An unbelievable amount of changes happened throughout the year, and I wouldn't live a single day differently.  I am beyond grateful for every person that played a part in making 2010 so unforgettable.  I thought I'd reminisce and share a few of the things that brought 2010 to life. 

JANUARY-
- Began full time student teaching and worked with some awesome people in Grapevine
- Fell in love with teaching 3rd graders
- Took and passed both of my certification exams

FEBRUARY-
- Got my Valentine back

MARCH-
- Celebrated 3 years with Scott Preston
- Started my student teaching in 1st grade


APRIL-
- Finished my student teaching
- Did some running

MAY-
- GRADUATED from the University of North Texas!
- Found out I was going to be a Godmother :)
- Took a trip to Schlitterbahn with Texas and Olive-  The beginning of a wonderful friendship.
- Went to see Avenue Q with Scott
- I went back to work at Stevens Ranch for another exciting (to say the least) summer.

JUNE-
- I was HIRED by Grand Prairie ISD as a 3rd grade teacher at Eisenhower Elementary!!
- Turned 23 :/
- Aunt Diane came from Missouri to visit and I met my new Uncle for the first time
- Went bungee jumping for the first time! A check off my bucket list. Thanks, Scotty.
- Megan got engaged and asked me to be a bridesmaid


JULY-
- Spent the month with many campers whom I love and adore 
- Decided I would not return to camp for summer 2011 and had an emotional last few weeks of camp



AUGUST-
- Finished my summer at Stevens
- Started new teacher training with GPISD
- BOUGHT A CAR!
- Met and fell in love with my sweet third graders!
- Met some amazing coworkers.  So thankful for people like Emily, Sarah, Lisa, and Misti!


SEPTEMBER-
- My precious Godson, Jaxon Kane, was born!
- Lisa Saldivar joined our 3rd grade team (and saved my life!)
- Texas got engaged and asked me to be a bridesmaid


OCTOBER-
- Decided the key to happiness was to part ways with Scotty
- Cut my hair off
- Got myself an iPhone  :)

NOVEMBER-
-Took a trip to visit my BFF, Jordan Avery, in Austin! (and maybe had a little TOO much fun. hahaha)

DECEMBER-
- Went back to camp to help with an event
- Had fun programs, field trips, parties, and celebrations with my sweet third graders
- Went back to camp AGAIN for a fabulous staff retreat with the KD dream team
- Signed a lease for a brand new apartment with Sara and Emily! (and Oscar and Vegas!)



So many highs and lows, but it couldn't have played out any better.  Thank you to everyone that supported and challenged me this year. You will always have a special place in my heart. :) Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to be a part of your 2010! It looks like you had a great year! I hope the years to come are wonderful! Just like you! Love you! -Ashley & the boys

    ReplyDelete