CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ready or Not...

Welp, I survived Meet the Teacher.  14 of my sweet kiddos showed up, and I'm really excited about having a class to call my own.  There is still lots of confusion as to how our schedules will work considering our large class sizes and the possibility of hiring a 7th teacher for our team.  They have mentioned that we'll possibly get a teacher transferred from another school, but that probably won't happen till after Labor Day.  So for now, we'll switch our 3 large classes 3 ways and I'll just be teaching Science.  But, when/if the new teacher is added, we'll switch 2 ways and I'll teach Math and Science.  I'll be happy either way, I just hate that we'll have to get into one routine with one set of kids, and then switch them and their schedules all around later.  These kids need consistency.  I'm afraid that they'll take kids out of my class that I really like and already made connections with.

I went up to the school for a few hours yesterday morning to try to finish some things up.  I had to leave by one, and I left feeling very flustered and unprepared for Monday.  I brought home a bunch of things I could work on here, and as the weekends gone on, I've started to feel a little bit better about tomorrow.  But ready of not, in less than 24 hours I'll be in a room full of potentially 28 of my own 3rd graders.

Here goes nothing... 

No comments:

Post a Comment