CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

27 third graders?

As of now, there are 6 third grade teachers on my team. We have 3 bilingual teachers that will teach the Dual Language students, and the other 3 of us will have the remaining students.  If all "rules" were followed, our class numbers would not go over 22 students each.  The dual language classes are sitting at about 16 or 17 per room. My class and the other 2 regular classes, on the other hand, are at about 26 or 27 students per room. 

I saw 27 names on my list today and almost had a panic attack. I don't think I can even fit 27 desks in my classroom...

They say our lists will change every day for the next week, but it still makes me anxious. ...like I didn't already have enough to worry about.  If I have 27 kids in my class, I'll love them all the same, but it will be challenging to make sure I give them all the individual attention they need.  Not only will it make things tougher for me, but those precious young things won't be able to benefit like they could if there was less of them in one room.

NOW, my hope/concern/plea is that they add another third grade teacher. We have the numbers for one, and I KNOW there are people out there who would LOVE to have that job, AND it would be a huge relief for me and the rest of my third grade team. ...Win. Win. Win. I don't understand why this hasn't already happened.  I know, I know...my "voice" is so far from being heard or considered that this is probably a worthless paragraph, but I feel better making it known that I think a 7th teacher on our team would be a brilliant idea. :)

2 comments:

  1. do they even have enough rooms to add another teacher?? But I hope everything works out! And you'll be ana amazing teacher for them either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have an empty room in our wing. perfect, right? and thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete