CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

ESL Certified!

With the arrival of the wonderful Mrs.Saldivar came a mad dash to get me ESL certified. 

We taught three classes of 25 3rd graders (maybe 5 or 6ish being ELL's) for three weeks without an ESL certified teacher on the team, and while I knew that this was a problem that needed to be addressed, nobody (administration wise) seemed to be in any hurry to make sure that one of us take the steps to get certified. 

Mrs. Saldivar was assigned to join our team and already was (thank goodness) ESL certified.  I thought this would put everyone at ease, BUT I was mistaken.  In order for my class to switch with hers and viceversa, our adminstration panicked about me being certified as well. They immediately got me registered for an ESL review course with Region 10 that would take place in Richardson 3 different nights for 4 hours a session. Rouuuugh.

I took the test this past Saturday and found out today that I passed. :) One or two more steps and I will be OFFICIALLY certified with a few more bucks added to my paycheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment